- We believe that the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, is the inspired Word of God and without error in its original writing. God has given us no greater authority than the Bible in the areas of Faith and Practice.
Luke 21:33, 24:44; Romans 15:4; Matthew 5:18; Hebrews 4:12; II Timothy 3:15-17; I Peter 1:25, II Peter 1:19-21
- We believe in one completely holy and sovereign God, creator and sustainer of the heavens and the earth, who is perfect, all-knowing, all-powerful, and eternally co-existent as God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
John 1:2; Colossians 1:16-17; Isaiah 40:28; Numbers 14:18; Romans 1:20; Psalm 139
- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and that he was both fully God and fully man. He was born free of sin to a virgin and lived a holy life without sin. He was crucified, died and was buried. On the third day, He rose from the dead, appeared to many witnesses and ascended into heaven to the right hand of God from where He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Peter 1:3-4; Hebrews 10:12; Acts 4:10, 10:42, 13:29; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22; Colossians 1:15-20; John 1:1-5; Hebrews 1:3
- We believe that all have sinned and continue to sin; therefore every person deserves to spend eternity separated from God in conscious eternal punishment (Hell). However, people may be forgiven of their sins and receive eternal life in heaven by confessing that Jesus Christ is their Lord and believing in their heart that He died and rose again. Salvation can not be obtained by man because of any human work, but instead, entirely because of the grace of God. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but through Him.
Luke 24:47; Acts 10:43; Romans 5:12; Colossians 1:14; Ephesians 2:8; Acts 4:12; Hebrews 5:9; 1 John 5:12
- We believe that God gave the Holy Spirit to dwell in those who belong to Jesus Christ so that they might be conformed to His likeness and continually set apart in holiness (sanctified) until Jesus Christ returns.
Acts 4:12; Romans 8:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:8; Romans 5:5; Hebrews 10:15; 1 Corinthians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 2:14
- We believe that the Church is composed of all true believers, with Jesus Christ as the Head. We believe that its members should assemble themselves together regularly with the local Church for worship, prayer, fellowship, teaching and to serve one another with the purpose of glorifying God. We believe that each believer is called to a life of faith demonstrated by obedience to God and His Word, the Bible; furthermore, He desires for us to stir up one another to love and good works, encouraging each other in obedience to Jesus Christ.
Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 5:23; Acts 2:42; Galatians 6:2, 10; Hebrews 10:24-25